ACCOUNTING TERMS - ACCOUNTING DICTIONARY - ACCOUNTING GLOSSARY
From the web's #1 provider of financial analysis / ratio analysis
K as the fifth letter of a Nasdaq stock symbol indicates that the issue has no voting rights.
Learn new Accounting Terms
TIME DRAFT is a draft that matures either a certain number of days after acceptance or a certain number of days after the date of the draft. See SIGHT DRAFT.
FRS 19 is a deferred tax standard. In summary:
A. Deferred tax is provided on timing differences relating to: - accelerated capital allowances and depreciation
- accruals for and payments of pension and other post retirement benefits
- the elimination of unrealized intra group profits
- unrelieved tax losses
- "fair value revaluations" that are taken annually to the profit and loss account
- other short-term timing differences
B. Deferred tax is not provided on timing differences relating to: - other fixed asset revaluations, where there is no intention to sell
- gains that are rolled over
- unremitted overseas earnings, where there is no intention to remit.
The FRS 19 Standard also includes further, detailed measurement and disclosure rules.