Financial Analysis - Ratio Analysis Questions
Find the answer? If not, click the "Contact" hyperlink above. Your personal MBA will respond.
- Really appreciate the MBA Glossary; any chance of making it into a printed MBA dictionary? The Glossary is currently the most popular accounting glossary on the Web. Only time will tell if it reaches the status of a printed dictionary for MBAs. You can download a copy at a discounted price.
- Where does VentureLine's MBA get the company data for publicly traded company and industry analysis; the same place as your competitors? No, it is quite to the contrary. Some providers of company and industry data use a substantial amount of un-audited company data submitted directly to them by companies through non-validated questionnaires, loan applications, tax returns, and un-audited annual reports. VentureLine's MBA believes the accuracy of such data is highly suspect and unreliable at best.
In fact, VentureLine's MBA strongly disagrees with this approach and believes it may allow less than accurate and possibly falsified data to be used during company and industry analyses. VentureLine's MBA refuses to accept any data directly from a publicly traded company within the VentureLine company database, or from privately held companies to be used in the industry database.
Recent corporate revelations and events indicate that financial data contained in annual reports, questionnaires, or loan applications from companies should not be taken at face value and used for financial analysis or investment decisions. At VentureLine, for publicly traded companies, we only use data that is traceable to data submitted to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) through legally mandated and controlled 10-Q, for quarterly results, and, audited 10-K, for annual results, SEC filings.
For industry analysis, VentureLine's MBA only uses data traceable to the 10-Q and audited 10-K SEC filings. This tends to lessen the size of the resultant industry database somewhat, but it brings a needed veracity to the data contained therein. Data that has not been validated should not be used to assess the performance of any industry. VentureLine believes you, as an MBA member, would prefer an accurate database as compared to using a somewhat larger database containing data from un-audited and possibly misleading questionnaires, loan applications, tax returns, and self-serving annual reports.
The end result of the VentureLine approach to company and industry analysis is that we provide you, our MBA members, with information that is, to the best of our knowledge, the most accurate and reliable.
- Will VentureLine accept advertising on your MBA website? It is planned that the MBA site will remain mostly free of paid advertising. The site is intended to be used by business professionals for business professionals. For informational purposes, we will be displaying a small number of tightly screened links from sponsors and cooperating companies that relate to the needs of MBA members.
- Is VentureLine willing to affiliate with others who may be a competitor to VentureLine? VentureLine's mission is to assist the global business community by providing in-depth business analysis and information that was either unavailable or expensive to obtain by our MBA members. Where and when it makes sense, and it is of benefit to MBA members, VentureLine will seek out relationships with competitors that can bring additional benefits to our MBA members. Any competitor to VentureLine is welcome to contact VentureLine as long as the resulting alliance benefits VentureLine's MBA members.
- Is VentureLine willing to accept sponsors for the MBA site? Yes. VentureLine is under discussion with institutes of higher learning and organizations which are focused on developing markets and their analyses. Others interested in becoming sponsors may contact VentureLine by clicking on the "Contact" hyperlink above.
- Is VentureLine a U.S. based company, when were you founded, and where are your offices located? VentureLine was founded in the heart of Silicon Valley, California, USA in 1995. Our reach is global. VentureLine's MBA members and employees live and work in all parts of the world.
- What is the price of membership in VentureLine's MBA? Your MBA membership is free, however use of MBA tools and services require a small fee.
- By registering with VentureLine will I receive unsolicited emails from VentureLine? By registering as a member of VentureLine you have legally opted-in for receiving periodic emails directly from VentureLine and authorized offers from associated companies. VentureLine provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from VentureLine. However, we cannot honor unsubscribe (opt-out) requests via e-mail and kindly request that you use our online Contact Form to unsubscribe.