TERM BONDS are bonds whose principal is payable at maturity. Sometimes referred to as bullet-maturity bonds or bullet bonds.
FOREIGN is of concern to, or concerning the affairs of, other nations (other than your own) (Example: Foreign trade or companies).
FRS 19 is a deferred tax standard. In summary:
A. Deferred tax is provided on timing differences relating to: - accelerated capital allowances and depreciation
- accruals for and payments of pension and other post retirement benefits
- the elimination of unrealized intra group profits
- unrelieved tax losses
- "fair value revaluations" that are taken annually to the profit and loss account
- other short-term timing differences
B. Deferred tax is not provided on timing differences relating to: - other fixed asset revaluations, where there is no intention to sell
- gains that are rolled over
- unremitted overseas earnings, where there is no intention to remit.
The FRS 19 Standard also includes further, detailed measurement and disclosure rules.
Enter a term, then click the entry you would like to view.